Avocado and White Bean Hummus
- 1 (15 oz.) can of cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 large avocado (pitted, peeled and coarsely chopped)
- 1 clove garlic (chopped)
- ¼ cup fresh parsley leaves (not packed)
- 2 tbsp freshly squeezed lemon juice
- ¾ tsp kosher salt
- 1 tsp red pepper hot sauce (I used Cholula original)
- 1-2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- Crushed red pepper flakes, to taste (for garnish)
- Add cannellini beans, avocado, garlic, parsley, lemon juice, salt and hot sauce to the bowl of a food processor.
- Begin processing on low speed and slowly add 1 tablespoon of the extra virgin olive oil through the feed tube.
- Change the speed to high and process until smooth and creamy and no chunks remain. You may have to stop to scrape down the sides. Add more olive oil if needed. Keep processing until hummus has a smooth consistency.
- Enjoy immediately or refrigerate to firm up a little more. Garnish with crushed red pepper flakes before serving.
Calories: 189kcal | Carbohydrates: 22g | Protein: 7g | Fat: 9g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Fiber: 7g