Prosser Memorial: Providing Exceptional Medical Care Since 1947
We have a long history serving the Prosser community, and we’re just getting started. Like any number of community-based hospitals, Prosser Memorial Health grew out of a need for the immediate availability of local medical care.
In 1945, after years of intense community-led fundraising, construction crews broke ground on the 19-bed facility. Two years later, on December 26, 1947, Prosser Memorial Hospital opened, dedicated to the memory and service of veterans of World War II.
As the years passed, Prosser Memorial Hospital continued to grow. In 1952, a new medical wing was added and in the intervening years, our scope of care expanded even further to include family medicine, advanced surgical care, laboratory and diagnostic testing, radiology, obstetrics, and emergency care.
What started out as a modest, small-town hospital has grown into a community-focused center for exceptional medical care that serves thousands of patients every year. And we’re not done growing. We’re constantly adding new providers and specialties and expanding access to primary care, so the residents of Prosser and the surrounding communities can continue to get easy access to first-class healthcare—with a local touch.
At the beginning of 2017, we began a rebranding campaign with the help and support of our stakeholders, staff, and community members. There was overwhelming support for returning to the Prosser Memorial name as a way of honoring not only those World War II veterans for which the hospital was originally named, but also the veterans who have served our country since. We’re excited to be honoring our past in this way, while looking forward to a prosperous future.