If you've recently been hospitalized for an illness, injury or medical procedure, odds are it may take some time for you to get back to normal. We know it's not always easy for people to travel for follow-up visits, so we designed the Community Paramedic Program to provide important recovery care to people at higher risk for complications.
The Community Paramedic Program is just one of many ways Prosser Memorial Health is improving the health of our community. This program:
- Provides care for our most vulnerable citizens by providing better care through additional monitoring and education
- Promotes health and wellness by identifying conditions before they become a crisis
- Helps lower healthcare costs with medication review, reinforcement of provider instructions and disease education that collectively help prevent hospital readmissions
- Ensures healthy living arrangements through regular assessments of patients' living situations and referral to community resources
- Eliminates barriers to care by encouraging follow-up care and addressing factors that might prevent it