Our occupational therapy team is committed to helping you restore function and/or mitigating disability in an effort to maximize your independence and ability to participate in the activities of daily living, leisure and social pursuits, job functions, and school.
At Prosser Memorial Health, our occupational therapists work as integral members of our traditional swing bed program, as well as outpatient and inpatient care teams.
Our occupational therapists address multiple areas, including the following:
- Activities of daily living performance
- Adaptive equipment recommendations and training
- Chronic conditions such as MS, CP and Parkinson's disease
- Orthopedic surgeries
- Upper extremity (hand, wrist, elbow, shoulder) rehabilitation
- Carpal tunnel syndrome
- Cubital tunnel syndrome
- Splint fabrication and fitting
- Home safety evaluation,s as appropriate
- Multiple traumas
- Nerve compression syndrome